Wednesday 5 October 2011

Getting More Focussed - Pick Four

Regular readers will know I try and adopt the GTD system in the way I organise myself and my work.  The hardest part I have always found is prioritising (the part that GTD won't do for you).

I recently picked up on a concept publicised here by Seth Godin and based on Zig Zigler's Performance Planner Methodology called Pick Four.  Its all about accepting that you can't deliver everything and instead to focus on those critical few that give the greatest personal benefit.

By committing entirely to these four goals daily over 12 weeks, it gives a turbo boost to these particular commitments (providing you actually do the work).  But you cannot just forget about your other commitments.  This is how it fits into my workflow/thinking.

Might this method of focusing on the vital few give you some big success over the near future.

Please see my website at www.managingforthefirsttime.com for more techniques, tips and advice on this topic and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment