Wednesday 3 August 2011

Who's on your reading list?

An original thought is hard to come by nowadays with your thinking becoming a culmination of influences and inputs from a whole host of sources.  This is no bad thing as the output is always greater than the sum of its parts.

So who do I follow?  Whose 'Tribe' am I in?  Who do I listen to?

I thought I would share some of my influences to open up your world to some of mine.

Creative thinkers

  • Seth Godin - This blog and books - A great provoker and has never ceased to make me think
  • Dan Pink - His books and twitter feed - You must read 'Drive'
  • Merlin Mann - I don't much follow him specifically as I really struggle to handle his rambling communication style but he does keep popping up with some great stuff
Presentation
  • Garr Reynolds - His blog and books - He really knows what presentation is all about
  • Nancy Duarte - Great books and presentation design
  • Ted Talks - By various folks, check out as many as you can
Efficiency and Productivity (making your life and work easier)
  • David Allen - The master of Getting things Done (GTD), Essential Reading
  • David Sparks - His books, blog and webcast (MacPowerUsers) - Just the nicest guy on using a mac and getting on with work and life
  • Kourosh Dini - Brilliant GTD, OmniFocus and Pomodoro advice
  • Practically Efficient - Tips and tricks, aways worth a read of the blog
  • Asian Efficiency - Great web site and guides to using OmniFocus and twitter feed (although repeats their posts a lot)
I hope you try a few of these and get as much from them as I do.  Enjoy.

Please see my website at www.managingforthefirsttime.com for more techniques, tips and advice on this topic and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment