Wednesday 20 April 2011

When your IT tools do help you

This is my first dive into the huge (and often heated) discussion of what IT tools are there to help you.  This is such a subjective topic and before I start, I want to say one thing; Use what works for you.


I want to share with you what works for me.

Firstly, I use apple products.  I do also use a windows laptop (which I will refer to as my PC) and blackberry at work but my main activities other than the day to day PC based email and Microsoft office documents are done on my apple products.  I use 3: a macbook pro, an iPhone and an iPad.

Why do I use apple products?  Aren't they expensive you say?  Well yes they are, but they work consistently and beautifully.  If you are going to spend most of the day on a computer or mobile device of any description, wouldn't you want that experience to be as enjoyable as possible?

I pay more because I want to end the day as unstressed as possible having been as productive as possible.  I'm sorry, but Windows machines have never done that for me.  Apple products also become out of date less frequently and because they are generally well made, they last longer.  

You'll spend more up front but save money (and your sanity) in the longer term.

More next time on the software that I use.

Please see my website at www.managingforthefirsttime.com for more techniques, tips and advice on this topic and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment